Cabinet Committees Wing is one of the most important wing of the Cabinet Division, which provides Secretariat Support to National Economic Council (NEC), Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) and Cabinet Committees (ECC, CCoP, CCoE, CCoCPEC and CCoSOEs) for convening their meetings. The President of Pakistan constitutes National Economic Council (NEC) under Article 156(1) of the Constitution. Whereas, the Prime Minister constitutes the Cabinet Committees and Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) in terms of rule 17(2) of the Rules of Business, 1973. At present following Committees of the Cabinet are functioning under the Cabinet Division:-
- Economic Coordination Committee (ECC)
- Cabinet Committee on Privatization (CCoP)
- Cabinet Committee on Energy (CCoE)
- Cabinet Committee on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CCoCPEC)
- Cabinet Committee on State Owned Enterprises (CCoSOEs)
- Constitution of NEC, ECNEC and other Cabinet Committees.
- Convening of meetings of the Cabinet Committees and NEC/ECNEC.
- To ensure that Summaries submitted by Ministries/Divisions for consideration of the Cabinet Committees are complete and in appropriate form (Rule 18(7) of the Rules of Business, 1973).
- Preparation of Minutes/Decisions of the Meetings.
- Placing decisions of Cabinet Committees before the Cabinet for ratification.
- Follow up & monitoring the progress on implementation of decisions of Cabinet Committees.
- Preparation of Annual Report of NEC in consultation with PD&R Division; and its submission to the Cabinet and both Houses of the Parliament.